Creamy coconut curry has always been a favorite in my family. Almost once a month, I cook vegetable curry with jasmine rice for my husband. This week, I tried making easy creamy curry noodles.
Are you interested in Asian cuisine? If yes, now is a good time to try an easy creamy curry noodles recipe with coconut milk.
Each Asian country has its own curry. Starting from Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Indian, and Pakistani curry.
Normally, I cook Thai curry with store-bought paste that took me only 20 minutes to cook with 10 minutes of preparation.
But for this recipe, I use store-bought Indian curry powder. The noodles I use are dry noodles. But don’t worry. If you have wet noodles, you can also use them.
Dry noodles are easier for me to cook as I can adjust the cooking time to make it slightly crunchy and not all mushy.
Although this recipe is vegan, you can put many things as such as rotisserie chicken, eggs, beef slices, shrimp, or tofu.
Curry recipes are completely flexible and you can always throw in your favorite ingredients. After all, cooking is about putting together what you like to make it tasty!
Creamy Curry Noodles Recipe (Vegan)
Preparations: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutrition facts per portion:
- 108 kcal
- 481 kJ
- 16 gr carbs
- 3 gr fats
- 3 gr protein
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 gr broccoli
- 4 medium-sized carrots
- Half cabbages
- 200 gr dry noodles
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt to taste
For the creamy sauce:
- 1 onion
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Curry powder
- 150 ml vegetables stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime juice
- Wash the broccoli and divide it into pieces. Blanch the broccoli into boiled water with salt for 2 minutes, then wash with cold water and let it dry.
- Peel the carrots, and shred them into pieces. Cut half the cabbage into thin slices.
- Cook the noodles according to the instruction and set them aside.
- To make the sauce, dice the onion, ginger, and sauté them in a deep pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour vegetable stock into the pan, then add curry powder, coconut milk, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Let it boil with medium heat for 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Pour lime juice at the end to taste, set it aside.
- In another pan, sauté broccoli and carrots with vegetable oil for 3 to 4 minutes and add some salt to your taste. Add the cabbage, noodles, and sauce. Stir thoroughly.
- Serve the creamy curry noodle in bowls.