Spicy roasted chicken is easy to make, delicious, and flavorful, especially if you cook it with the right spices to your taste. For me, it is spicy chicken with honey.
I have been a fan of roasted and spicy roasted chicken since highschool. The moment I discovered the sweet and spicy chicken was when the restaurant near my high school sold grilled honey chicken.
Since then, I’ve been experimenting with honey and spices to make grilled chicken and vegetables.
This dish is very easy since it only takes 10 minutes of preparation and I can just leave it in the oven until it’s done.
Spicy Honey Chicken with Pimento Recipe
Preparations: 10 minutes
Baking time: 70 minutes
Nutrition facts per portion:
- 863 kcal
- 3.611 kJ
- 31 gr carbs
- 62 gr fat
- 91 gr protein
Ingredients for 3 people:
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 to 4 medium-sized carrots
- 350 gr Brussel sprouts
- 1 tsp pimento pepper, grounded
- ½ tsp cinnamon, grounded
- ½ tsp star anise, grounded
- 3 to 4 tablespoon honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Wash the whole chicken and dry it with a kitchen towel. Put the whole chicken on a big baking sheet.
- Peel the carrots, clean the Brussel sprouts, and wash them. Cut into big pieces, then spread them on the baking sheet.
- Mix well the spices; grounded pimento pepper, cinnamon, and star anise with honey, olive oil, and soy sauce. Pour the mixture on the chicken and vegetables well.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, make sure that every side is covered and closed.
- Put the chicken inside the oven for 200°C (400° F) for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and divide it into pieces. Serve.